Malaga transfer service has a high percentage of its business composed of repetitions and recommendations. Our growth has been achieved by providing a high level of customer service. All your questions will be answered within one hour. Book your trasnfer from Malaga Airport to Chipiona with us. We offer you, your family and group of friends Málaga Transfers at low cost. to your final accommodation Let Malaga Cabbie organize a safe, reliable and uncomplicated taxi from the airport of Malaga to Chipiona and start your holiday in the best possible way.
Malaga has a high percentage of its business made up of repeats and recommendations. Our growth Has been achieved by providing a high level of customer service all your enquiries Will be answered within the hour, Pre-Book your Taxi from Malaga Airport to Chipiona with us we offer you, your family and group of friends low-cost Malaga Transfers to your final accommodation. Let Malaga Cabbie arrange a safe, reliable and hassle-free Taxi from Malaga Airport to Chipiona and start your vacation the best possible way.
In Malaga Cabbie we understand that punctuality is essential for passengers and, as a result, our customers from Malaga airport to Chipiona home return to us again and again due to our unbeatable reliability. Book in advance, we solve your travel problems, remember that we do not charge reservation fees simply pay your driver the fee agreed in advance as simple as that.
History of Chipiona
Chipiona is a coastal town in the province of Cadiz. With a population of around 20,000 inhabitants. But it is multiplying every summer.
Its origin is a lighthouse that existed in ancient times at the mouth of the Guadalquivir River. Which was called Turris caepionis or Caepionis monumentum. Traditionally the name of this lighthouse has been the origin of the name of Chipiona.
This area is also identified with the area where the legendary Ars Gerionis stood, which was the tomb of Gerion.
The disciples of Saint Augustine, fleeing from the vandals in North Africa, arrived in Chipiona with the image of the Virgin of Regla.
After the arrival of the Arabs in 711, the hermits hid the image in a cistern. That is why the image remained there until the 14th century, thanks to a revelation from heaven. And that is why the Humilladero de la Virgen de Regla was built on top of the cistern.
In 1251 the Christians reconquered Chipiona and definitively in 1264. In 1297, King Fernando IV granted Guzmán el Bueno, founder of the House of Medina Sidonia, the Señorío de Sanlúcar, of which Chipiona was a part.
In 1755 Chipiona suffered a tidal wave that caused the Lisbon Earthquake on the Andalusian and Portuguese Atlantic coast. In the event four people died and it also suffered a flood.
Since then, the image of the Christ of Mercy has been taken out in procession to ask for the withdrawal of the waters. On All Saints’ Day from the chapel that bears the name of the Christ to the Cross of the Sea.
What to visit in Chipiona
- The most famous monument of the town, is the Chipiona lighthouse. It is the largest lighthouse in Spain, the 3rd in Europe and the 5th in the world.
- The Marina: early 90s was built of the Marina port, it is located very close to the mouth of the Guadalquivir, in 2008 is subjected to a process of enlargement.
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Regla: The building was built by the Franciscan missionary community and the Duke of Montpensier around the early twentieth century.
- Castle Chipiona: museum of “Cadiz and the New World”.
- Muscat Museum:It is Located in the Cooperative Agricultural Catholic.It was exposed by 2012
Chipiona is dominated by the local steppe climate. There is little rainfall throughout the winters. This location is classified as Csa by Köppen and Geiger. In Chipiona, the average annual temperature is 18.0 ° C. The average rainfall is approximately 540 mm.
The driest month is July, with 0 mm. The highest amount of precipitation occurs in December, with an average of 88 mm.
The hottest month of the year with an average temperature of 24.8 °C in August. The lowest average temperatures of the year occur in January, when it is around 11.5° C.
Gastronomy of Chipiona
Since time immemorial, Chipiona has generated an intimate communication between land and sea. It is, therefore, an agricultural and seafaring city.
The versatility of the ingredients of the sea or the fertile plain is manifested in the singularity of its dishes. Our recipes, tasty and healthy, are a living reflection of the different customs and popular traditions.
The richness and variety of fish and seafood provided by the Atlantic Ocean, which our fishermen so respectfully know how to catch, as well as the vegetables and fruit cultivated , are the protagonists of our cuisine.
- Chipiona Carnival: as in the whole province of Cadiz, the Carnival has been a long tradition since 1896. Although it was forbidden during Franco’s dictatorship. The closing ceremony takes place with a parade that has the title of a festival of regional interest.
- Holy Week: of course, after Carnival and Lent comes Holy Week. And in Chipiona there are two Brotherhoods:
- The Brotherhood and Brotherhood of Nazarenes of Our Father Jesus Captive.
- The Brotherhood of the Holy Christ of Mercy. It is the station of penance on Good Friday.
- The Pine Grove Pilgrimage: which is held on the first Sunday in June in the Pine Grove of the town. In this pilgrimage, the Virgin of Regla del Pinar is moved from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Regla.
- Virgen del Carmen: like a good fishing village, on July 16th there is a sea procession with the Virgen del Carmen. Also in the afternoon there is a procession through the central streets.
- La Velada de Regla: dedicated to Our Lady of Regla and held near the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Regla. On the 8th of September, the last day of the evening, there is a fireworks display on the beach.
- All Saints’ Day: On November 1st, the thanksgiving procession of the Holy Christ of Mercy takes place. Because he performed a miracle in 1755 when it was the Lisbon Tsunami.