Climate of Guadix
Guadix is dominated by the local climate. There is little rainfall throughout the winter. This location is classified as Csa by Köppen and Geiger. In Guadix, the average annual temperature is 14.2 ° C. The average rainfall is approximately 479 mm.
The driest month is July, with 7 mm. The highest amount of precipitation occurs in March, with an average of 60 mm.
The hottest month of the year with an average temperature of 24.3°C is August. The lowest average temperatures of the year occur in January, when it is around 6.0C.
Gastronomy of Guadix
The most typical products of the area are pork and its derivatives the star dishes of eating in Guadix are Orza loin (traditional clay pot), marinated in garlic, oregano, salt and vinegar for several days. Walk the streets of this town and discover the diversity of its cuisine. Get impressive walking on the streets and discovering specialties range from migas with chorizo (even with chocolate) to rabbit with garlic. Accompany these traditional dishes with a typical salad of the land.
Water the lunchtime in Guadix with an amazing wine from Granada, and to finish let you to be delighted and for those Muslim desserts: the tocino de cielo, the felipe and the rosco are the most typical of the locality accitana.
Monuments of Adra
- Guadix Cathedral (16th-18th centuries), built over a Moorish mosque in Gothic-Renaissance style. The façade is in Baroque style.
- Church of St. Augustine (18th century),
- Church of Santiago (1540), with a Plateresque portal
- Convent and church of the Conception
- Alcazaba, a Moorish fortress commanding the town
- Barrio de Santiago, a neighborhood characterized by troglodyte houses carved in tuff rocks.